Intellectual Property (IP) Officer,
We are pureLiFi
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi. Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
We are looking for a qualified patent attorney to join us as an Intellectual Property (IP) Officer, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The IP Officer will develop in-house IP competency and expand the existing patent portfolio of pureLiFi as a global leader in the field of light communications. They will support new and existing business units with commercial IP matters. This is an exciting opening in a UK based global industry leader that wishes to invest further in its IP platform. pureLiFi is an enlightened small enterprise with considerable growth prospects and this role offers an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future success of the organisation.
You will make an impact by:
- Developing and leading the Intellectual Property portfolio and expertise within pureLiFi.
- Supporting and developing the company’s IP and business unit strategy.
- Collaborating weekly with the IP Group comprising company leadership to guide, discuss and action IP activities.
- Managing and prosecuting the existing patent portfolio to generate patents of maximum commercial value.
- Drafting and filing new applications in-house in liaison with the technical team/IP Group.
- Supporting and guiding patent enforcement and oppositions.
- Developing Freedom to Operate positions and advising on associated risks for new products.
- Providing in-house prior art searches and teaching use of that skill within the technical team.
- Managing licensing, litigation and acquisition of intellectual property.
- Providing guidance on IP Agreements and the retention of trade secrets.
- Providing guidance and support for Trade Marks.
- Delivering regular IP training in conjunction with our Legal team, for all employees.
- Managing interactions with external IP patent attorneys/providers.
- Managing the budget for Intellectual Property and managing all internal IP records.
You will thrive if you have:
- Have demonstrable experience (5+ years) qualified or part-qualified European/UK Patent Attorney with an interest in US patent law.
- Are educated to degree level or equivalent in a STEM subject.
- Have proven experience of managing, expanding, maintaining and reporting a commercially focussed Intellectual Property portfolio and developing and guiding IP strategy.
- Have the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with both commercial and technical employees at all levels.
- Have demonstrated effective people skills and knowledge of required IP tools.
What do we offer?
- We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
- If you have any feedback on how we can improve our job advert, or any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.
Other Roles at pureLifi
pureLiFi is the global leader in LiFi technology. We are bringing to market the world’s first commercial light antennas—the optoelectronic components which make LiFi possible—for all kinds of devices, from industrial to consumer, and from smart cars to smartphones.
pureLiFi also offers LiFi systems for customers who need to augment, enhance, or transform their wireless networks with the latest in wireless communications technology.
pureLiFi was founded by the “Father of LiFi” Prof Harald Haas and Dr Mostafa Afgani in 2012. Based in Edinburgh, we have customers and partners worldwide.